Welcome to May! Hard to believe we are just a month away from the start of the Atlantic hurricane season. Before then, the east Pacific season begins on May 15, so we will be ramping up our blog posts, etc in the coming weeks.
So what’s new for us in 2013? A lot. Too much to cover in one blog post, so I’ll spread it out over the next couple of weeks.
First, you’ll be hearing a lot more from and about colleague Mike Watkins. He has been working with us since late 2004 and has been with me personally on some of the biggest field missions of my career.
Mike started a new company last year called Hurricane Analytics. It is more than just about hurricanes as Mike is very good at deciphering data, all kinds of data, and making sense of it. However, his tropical weather expertise will allow him to utilize his site for some excellent analysis projects. You may follow Mike and his site on Twitter: @hurricaneanalytics or @watkinstrack
Mike has a new Podcast series called The HurriCast which will provide listeners with a different perspective on tropical weather news and data info. You may find his Podcast linked from the HurricaneAnalytics homepage.
Look for blog posts here from time to time from Mike as well and I too will be guest-blogging for his site. This cross-collaboration will be a nice new touch for our partnership as we go forward in to our ninth year working together.
Today begins our season pass sales for our subscription service
We have had a private subscription service since 2005 and it has grown to include nearly 500 members from around the world. Our annual plan is the most popular, and costs $99.95 per year for unlimited access to all we offer on our Client Services site. However, some folks find that the use the subscription site only during hurricane season. So, since 2011, we have offered a “season pass” for $59.95 and that too has become a successful part of our funding projects each season.
Well, today marks the first day that the pass for 2013 is available for purchase.
- Stormpulse maps
- Live chat with other members and us
- Daily LIVE hurricane outlook videos during the hurricane season (ad free)
- 30 frame satellite and radar animations
- Access to mobile device formatted pages, including pages that contain some of our live streaming feeds
- Access to our three mobile weather stations that we deploy to capture live wind and pressure data
- Access to our three private Surge Cams – 100% ad free
- Expert analysis from Mark Sudduth and Mike Watkins throughout the season
- Complete mission coverage from start to finish of each tropical storm and hurricane we intercept this season